Business and residential customers may drop off their collected material at our facility. A secure shredding appointment at your location may be scheduled by calling (801) 416-2801.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Paper Shredding: Our drop off paper shredding service has a minimum charge of $25.00. This covers the shredding of up to 165 lbs of documents. If you don’t have that much on your first visit, you may have 90 days to bring in more shredding (up to the 165 lbs) at no additional charge. Additional paper (over 165 pounds) will be charged at $0.15 a pound.
- Computer Hard Drive Destruction: For our drop off computer hard drive destruction service our charge is $10.00 per hard drive .
- Flash Drive, SD Cards, Sim Cards, Zip Drives, & Cassette Backup Tape Destruction: For our drop off flash drive, sd cards, sim cards, zip drives, and cassette backup tape destruction service our charge is $2.00 per item.
- VHS Tape Destruction: For our drop off VHS tape destruction our charge is $2.00 per tape.
- Electronic Media Drive Destruction: For our drop off electronic media device destruction service our charge is $0.65 per item or $5.00 a pound. Items include CDs, DVDs, floppy drives, driver’s licenses, credit cards, membership cards, hotel key cards, and ID badges.
- View The Shredding Of Your Documents: If you would like to view the shredding of your material, please call our office at (801) 416-2801 and we will be happy to set up an appointment for you. To view the shredding of your documents there is an additional charge of $35.00.
How Does It Work?
Simply bring your sensitive materials to Sugar House Archives & Shred’s shredding facility. One of our staff members will direct you to our document receiving area. A customer care representative will bring a mobile, locking, and security shred bin to your vehicle to receive your material. We’ll do all the heavy lifting! The mobile security shred bin will then be locked in front of you. The material is weighed and then staged for shredding, which will normally take place within 24 hours. We will, upon your request, provide a Certification of Destruction for your records in the event you are ever audited.
Must I Remove Staples and Paper Clips?
No, our state-of-the-art shredding equipment handles staples and paper clips with ease. Report covers, hardbound books, CDs, DVDs, magnetic tapes, X-rays, microfiche, microfilm, credit cards, and audio and videotapes are no problem.
What Payment Options Do I Have?
You may pay by cash, personal or business checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card.
What Are Your Receiving Hours?
Receiving hours run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our Address Is:
450 East 2200 South (Wentworth Ave)
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115