Business and residential customers may drop off their collected material at our facility. A secure shredding appointment at your location may be scheduled by calling (801) 416-2801.
How Much Does It Cost?
We are currently only offering Contactless Drop Off Shredding until at least 09/01/2020.
- Paper Shredding: Our Drop Off Paper Shredding service has a minimum charge of $35.00. This covers the shredding of up to one Shred Bin of material. If you don’t have enough material to fill one Shred Bin, you may have 90 days to bring in more material up to where the shred bin would have been full at no additional charge. Any other Shred Bin filled in addition to the first Shred Bin will be charge at $35.00 per Shred Bin.
Shred Bin Information
Capacity: 64 Gallons – Holds About 5 – 7 Banker Boxes (10″x12″x15″).
Weight Full: About 200 lbs.
Dimensions: 29″W x 23 ½”D x 39″H
- Individual Hard Drive Shredding: If the hard drive is removed from the desktop or laptop computer the shredding of the hard drive is $10.00 per hard drive.
- Hard Drive Still In A Desktop Computer Shredding: The removal and shredding of the hard drive is $16.00 per hard drive. The pc will be sent to a recycler.
- Hard Drive Still In A Laptop Computer Shredding: The removal and shredding of the hard drive is $18.00 per hard drive. The laptop will be sent to a recycler.
- Smartphone Or Tablets Shredding: For our drop off smartphone or tablet shredding service there is a charge of $10.00 per smartphone or tablet.
- Flash Drive, SD Cards, Sim Cards, Zip Drives, & Cassette Backup Tape Destruction: For our drop off flash drive, sd cards, sim cards, zip drives, and cassette backup tape destruction service our charge is $2.00 per item.
- VHS Tape Destruction: For our drop off VHS tape destruction our charge is $2.00 per tape.
- Electronic Media Drive Destruction: For our drop off electronic media device destruction service our charge is $0.65 per item or $5.00 a pound. Items include CDs, DVDs, floppy drives, driver’s licenses, credit cards, membership cards, hotel key cards, and ID badges.
- Important Note: Three Ring Binder‘s, Plastic Sleeves, Large Metal Clips, Magnetic Tapes, X-rays, Microfiche, Microfilm, Flash Drives, SD Cards, Sim Cards, Zip Drives, Cassette Tapes, VHS Tapes, CDs, DVDs, Floppy Drives, Driver’s Licenses, Credit Cards, Membership Cards, Hotel Key Cards, & ID badges. All these items need to be removed from the paper and they will be destroyed separately.
How Does It Work?
Simply bring your sensitive materials to Sugar House Archives & Shred’s shredding facility. Once your at our office please follow the steps below.
Call one of our customer care representative at 801-416-2801 and they will direct you inside our yard where we have five lockable steel portable storage containers for you to securely place your materials in.
Choose any one of the five steel containers that has a padlock that is not locked. Typically inside each container there will be two shred bin(s) for you to place your material within. If you need more shred bin(s) there are 5 – 10 additional empty shred bin(s) outside the steel containers.
Transfer your material out of your vehicle into the steel container and dump your material into the shred bin(s). Use the padlock to lock the steel container when you are done. If you need more than one shred bin you may grab as many as you need.
Call one of our customer care representatives at 801-416-2801 and let them know how many shred bin(s) you filled. Our customer care representative will take your payment over the phone and email you a receipt. A Certificate of destruction is available at no charge upon request.
Note: All material placed inside of the steel containers will be removed before the end of business each day. The material will be shredded that day or within 24 hours where it will be lock securely overnight in our facility.
After the unloading of each steel container and shred bin(s). The container and shred bin(s) will be sanitized before they are use by the next customer.
For More Information
Please watch the video at the top of this page.
Must I Remove Staples and Paper Clips?
No, our state-of-the-art shredding equipment handles staples and paper clips with ease. Report covers, hardbound books, CDs, DVDs, magnetic tapes, X-rays, microfiche, microfilm, credit cards, and audio and videotapes are no problem.
What Payment Options Do I Have?
You may pay by cash, personal or business checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card.
What Are Your Receiving Hours?
Receiving hours run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. No appointment is necessary.
Our Address Is:
450 East 2200 South (Wentworth Ave) Salt Lake City, Utah 84115