residential customers may drop off their collected material at our facility. A
secure shredding appointment at your location may be scheduled by calling (801) 416-2801.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Paper Shredding: Our drop off paper shredding service has a minimum charge of $25.00. This covers the shredding of up to 165 lbs of documents. If you don't have that much on your first visit, you may have 90 days to bring in more shredding (up to the 165 lbs) at no additional charge. Additional paper (over 165 pounds) will be charged at $0.15 a pound.
A standard banker box, (about the size of a copier paper box), holds an average of 30 to 40 pounds of material.
- Computer Hard Drive Destruction: For our drop off computer hard drive destruction service there is a charge of $10.00 per hard drive .
- Flash / Thumb Drive Destruction: For our drop off flash / thumb drive destruction service there is a charge of $2.00 per drive .
- Electronic Media Drive Destruction: For our drop off electronic media device destruction service there is a charge of $0.40 per item. Items include SIM cards, CDs, DVDs, floppy drives, zip disks, backup tapes, driver’s licenses, credit cards, membership cards, hotel key cards, badges, and cassette tapes. For VHS tape shredding our charge is a $1.00 per tape.
- View The Shredding Of Your Documents: If you would like to view the shredding of your material, please call our office at (801) 416-2801 and we will be happy to set up an appointment for you. To view the shredding of your documents there is an additional charge of $35.00.
How Does It Work?
your sensitive materials to Sugar House Archives & Shred’s shredding
facility. One of our staff members will direct you to our document receiving
area. A customer care representative will bring a mobile, locking, and security
shred bin to your vehicle to receive your material. We’ll do all the heavy
lifting! The mobile security shred bin will then be locked in front of you. The
material is weighed and then staged for shredding, which will normally take
place within 24 hours. We will, upon your request, provide a Certification of
Destruction for your records in the event you are ever audited.
Must I Remove Staples and Paper
state-of-the-art shredding equipment handles staples and paper clips with ease.
Report covers, hardbound books, CDs, DVDs, magnetic tapes, X-rays, microfiche,
microfilm, credit cards, and audio and videotapes are no problem.
What Payment Options Do I Have?
You may pay by
cash, personal or business checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or
What Are Your Receiving Hours?
run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
450 East 2200 South (Wentworth Avenue)
Salt Lake City, UT 84115 Phone: (801) 416-2801
Directions To Our Office
We are conveniently located a few blocks north of I-80 (take the 700 East exit), and about half a mile east of I-15 (take the 2100 South exit). For those who are familiar with the Sugar House area, we are directly south of St. Ann’s Catholic Church and School.